Original Story: Freep.com
A 37-year-old man lost most of his left hand in a fireworks accident over the weekend in New Haven, according to the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office. A Mt. Clemens injury lawyer is reviewing this case.
Deputies said a fireworks mortar blew up in the man’s hand Saturday night at a home on First Street, leaving only the index finger and thumb remaining. The man was initially transported by ambulance to a hospital in Mt Clemens and subsequently flown to University of Michigan Hospitals in Ann Arbor for further treatment, the sheriff’s office said in a news release Monday.
A witness told police the man, whose name was not released, was on a patio behind the home and holding a mortar in his hand when it went off sending debris several hundred feet into the air.
Drinking was a factor in the incident, deputies said.
WALSH COLLEGE NAMES NEW CEO
3 months ago