11 September 2014

GREG MONROE SUSPENDED 2 GAMES FOR DRIVING WHILE IMPAIRED

Original Story: Clickondetroit.com

DETROIT - Just one day after signing a one-year, $5.48 million qualifying offer with the Detroit Pistons, forward Greg Monroe has been suspended by the NBA for two games for driving while impaired.

“I take full responsibility for my actions and made a regrettable mistake," Monroe said. "I apologize to my family, the Pistons’ organization, my teammates and fans. I will learn from this and continue my work to be a positive influence in the community.” A Westchester County DWI Lawyer has experience managing a wide variety of impaired driving cases.

On Monday Monroe assured fans in Detroit that he was excited to play for new head coach Stan Van Gundy this season.

"I look forward to playing for coach Van Gundy and his staff," Monroe said. "He has a proven track record and I'm excited about working with my teammates to get better and prepare for the season."

Van Gundy took over as the Pistons' coach and team president this offseason. A Suffern DWI Lawyer provides legal counsel and extensive experience in many aspects of impaired driving cases.

The Pistons released the following statement regarding Monroe's suspension: "The organization is aware of the matter resulting in the NBA’s announced two-game suspension for Greg Monroe. Greg has taken responsibility in a conscientious manner and resolved the matter with his representatives."

The Pistons will begin their preseason on October 7 against the Chicago Bulls. The regular season starts on October 29 in Denver, and Monroe will be eligible to return on November 1 for the team's first home game against the Nets.

No comments: